The Film Consortium San Diego is a social venture that stimulates film and television production in the region and increases networking, employment, education, funding and distribution opportunities in film, television and new media. The Film Consortium produces the annual San Diego Film Awards, Film Indiego for KPBS, and San Diego Film Week. Visit us at filmconsortiumsd.com.
Presented by Film Consortium San Diego in partnership with KPBS and So Say We All
Challenge: The Film Con Challenge is a timed competition bringing together some of San Diego’s greatest storytellers to produce a short film (less than 15 minutes) in a 2 month long competition. Each year, The Film Con Challenge will promote an overarching theme for the timed competition, with 2017 being entitled “True San Diego”. True San Diego aims to tell stories of real people and real lives in San Diego. Teams will be given up to three vetted stories from the local writer’s group So Say We All and will have to do the following:
Adapt the story into a screenplay
Shoot, edit and hand in final film by deadline
Include 2 technical elements in the produced film
*(Please note, there is a strong likelihood teams will be given the same story to adapt.)
Objective: We hope to create unique and interesting stories that are visually distinctive and highlight real stories of real people in San Diego. We want to change the way stories are told locally and create compelling stories that are true and local.
“True San Diego” provided by So Say We All
Kickoff: Friday December 1st at 6PM
Deadline: Monday, January 29th at 6PM
Cost: $120 registration fee until November 19th at midnight
$150 registration fee from November 13th until December 1st at 6PM
All films will be automatically screened during the 2018 San Diego Film Week and will be eligible for the 2019 San Diego Film Awards.
Winning Film will receive $300 credit on Film Freeway for Film Festival submissions
List of Winners will be posted online at FilmConsortiumSD.com
“Best of” will be Broadcast on KPBS (up to 4 selected films)
All entries will be screened at SD Film Week 2018
All entries are eligible for the 2019 San Diego Film Awards
We are now accepting music videos and newly released music projects for consideration to be screened or premiered on the program.
This is for San Diego based music videos, films, web series episodes or albums that utilize at least 80% local talent, crew, locations and resources.
This is NOT a registration for San Diego Film Week or San Diego Film Awards or any of our screening events. Submissions for FCSD events are submitted separately during open call for entries.
In this registration form, provide as much information as you have! Don't worry if you don't have all the items, only a few are mandatory! You can always come back and add more items when they are ready by requesting to edit your listing through this website.
MORE RULES OUR LAWYER MADE US ADD
1. You have the right to withdraw your film for any reason with 3 days written notice. We reserve the right to withdraw our support for any reason with 3 days written notice. Emails shall qualify as written notice.
2. All parties agree that shall there be a dispute, they shall attend mediation before filing any legal action.
3. Any legal action shall proceed only through the San Diego Superior Court.
4. All parties, prevailing or non-prevailing, shall be responsible for their own legal fees.
San Diego's Film Industry is growing fast and Film Consortium Members are making it happen! Film Consortium Plus Membership is a NEW way to support and get involved in all the exciting events, contests and opportunities emerging in the local community. By becoming a member you not only help this effort grow, you also have access to a growing list of benefits.
- DISCOUNTED MEMBER RATES FOR EVENTS
- DISCOUNTED SUBMISSION FEES FOR OUR FILMS FESTIVALS AND FILM AWARDS
- DISCOUNTED SUBMISSIONS TO OUR CONTESTS
- FEATURED LISTING IN OUR FILM RESOURCE DIRECTORY
- SAN DIEGO FILM AWARDS VOTING RIGHTS FOR SELECT AWARDS
- DISCOUNTS AT LOCAL RETAILERS, LOCAL CLASSES, WORKSHOPS AND MORE
- EARLY ACCESS TO PREMIUM EVENTS