The Film Consortium San Diego is a social venture that stimulates film and television production in the region and increases networking, employment, education, funding and distribution opportunities in film, television and new media. The Film Consortium produces the annual San Diego Film Awards, Film Indiego for KPBS, and San Diego Film Week. Visit us at filmconsortiumsd.com.
We are now accepting music videos and newly released music projects for consideration to be screened or premiered on the program.
This is for San Diego based music videos, films, web series episodes or albums that utilize at least 80% local talent, crew, locations and resources.
This is NOT a registration for San Diego Film Week or San Diego Film Awards or any of our screening events. Submissions for FCSD events are submitted separately during open call for entries.
In this registration form, provide as much information as you have! Don't worry if you don't have all the items, only a few are mandatory! You can always come back and add more items when they are ready by requesting to edit your listing through this website.
MORE RULES OUR LAWYER MADE US ADD
1. You have the right to withdraw your film for any reason with 3 days written notice. We reserve the right to withdraw our support for any reason with 3 days written notice. Emails shall qualify as written notice.
2. All parties agree that shall there be a dispute, they shall attend mediation before filing any legal action.
3. Any legal action shall proceed only through the San Diego Superior Court.
4. All parties, prevailing or non-prevailing, shall be responsible for their own legal fees.
NOW ACCEPTING LOCAL MILITARY FILMS!
Join the Film Consortium and KPBS in the third annual GI Film Festival San Diego- Local Film Showcase.
KPBS is presenting the GI Film Festival San Diego from October 18-22, 2017. The Film Consortium San Diego will be partnering with KPBS to hold the Local Film Showcase during the festival.
To learn more about the GI Film Festival San Diego or to stay up to date, visit www.gifilmfestivalsd.org
Narrative Shorts (under 60 minutes), Documentary Shorts (under 60 minutes), Narrative Features (60 minutes and over) and Documentary Features (60 minutes and over)
Narrative Shorts (under 60 minutes), Documentary Shorts (under 60 minutes)
San Diego County and Imperial County
To be selected for the 2017 GI Film Festival San Diego’s Local Film Showcase, films must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A storyline or narrative arc that is about the military experience within San Diego County or Imperial County.
- A military themed film that is made by individual(s) who reside in San Diego County or Imperial County.
- A military themed film that features more than 60% of cast and crew from San Diego County or Imperial County.
- A military themed film that was shot or edited within San Diego County or Imperial County.
- A film of any genre made by a local filmmaker who is currently serving or has served in the U.S. military. Local filmmaker should reside in San Diego County or Imperial County.
All submissions must have been completed and released after January 1, 2011.
To be considered for the Local Choice Award, the film must have at least 60% of the cast, crew and locations sourced from San Diego County or Imperial County.
DEADLINES AND FEES
March 1st, 2017: Submissions open
April 10th Early Bird Deadline ($35 fee, Students $20)
May 15th General Deadline ($45 fee, Students $30)
June 19th Late Submission Deadline ($55 fee, Students $40)
FILM CONSORTIUM PLUS MEMBERS and active and former military get $10 off of submission fees.
JUDGING and SELECTION PROCESS:
Films submitted to the festival are reviewed by our selection team(s) and assessed for storyline and overall production value.
Judging Round 1
The selection committee will consist of a volunteer group of film producers and filmmakers judging the films on their general Story/Plot, Production Value and Sound Quality. Each criteria will be judged on a scale of 1-10. Scores will be added up and the top 50% of all films will move on to round two.
Judging Round 2
Round 2 consists of a panel of KPBS selected judges who will watch the films, score them, and nominate the strongest work for awards. Highest scoring films will be selected by KPBS for screening.
Judging Round 3
Judges designated by the GI Film Group will select the winners in each award category except Audience Choice award.
TENTATIVE AWARD CATEGORIES
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Local Choice (Only films where at least 60% of the cast, crew and locations have been sourced from San Diego County or Imperial County are eligible)
All submission fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Film Consortium San Diego selects films according to the following criteria:
Films that preserve the stories of military veterans in the arena of war and back on the home-front. Films that have at least one main character serving in the U.S. military who is depicted with respect. Films that depict the lives of international military veterans and/or the general worldwide struggle for liberty and democracy. Films of all types in which a military veteran played a key role in production are strongly encouraged to apply regardless of film genre.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the GI Film Festival San Diego is to preserve the stories of military and veteran service members through film, television, radio, digital media, special events, and discussion.
The goal is to bridge the gap between civilian and military through authentic and compelling cinema, dialogue, and other media.
The GI Film Festival San Diego also helps military veterans to find success in the entertainment industry through distribution, relationship building and training programs. The festival also provides general entertainment for military servicemen and women and their families.
The GI Film Festival San Diego and related events are presented by KPBS in collaboration with the GI Film Group and the Film Consortium San Diego.
Competition is open to U.S. and International entries. No repeat entries. There is no limit to the number of films you can submit to the festival. Each film must be submitted separately with submission fee paid. All submission fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Entries must be submitted via online link for pre-screening. Please make sure to include the password if password protected and make downloadable. Do not send original prints or tapes please.
For the screening process we require an Apple Pro-Res 422, 1080p digital version of your film or DCP with a backup Blu-ray. Send entries in sturdy, reusable containers or bubble wrap envelopes. Drives used for film delivery will be returned.
Although every possible care will be taken with tapes and films while in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Do not send original prints or tapes. Please keep the festival notified of any address/phone changes. The festival reserves the right to pull any film from competition and screening for any reason whatsoever without incurring liability.
Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced, either in part or whole, for publicity purposes, unless otherwise requested in writing by the filmmaker.
To help the festival promote your film and drive attendance, please submit the following with your festival entry:
* Entry fee via online payment system
* High-res digital still production photos/jpeg images of film for program guide. These are required upon acceptance.
* Digital format trailer for film for posting on official festival website. Requested, but not required.
* Digital photo of Filmmaker.
* Filmmaker bio (100 words).
* Any promotional materials available for your film, including, but not limited to, endorsement quotes/reviews, press clippings, etc.
San Diego's Film Industry is growing fast and Film Consortium Members are making it happen! Film Consortium Plus Membership is a NEW way to support and get involved in all the exciting events, contests and opportunities emerging in the local community. By becoming a member you not only help this effort grow, you also have access to a growing list of benefits.
- DISCOUNTED MEMBER RATES FOR EVENTS
- DISCOUNTED SUBMISSION FEES FOR OUR FILMS FESTIVALS AND FILM AWARDS
- DISCOUNTED SUBMISSIONS TO OUR CONTESTS
- FEATURED LISTING IN OUR FILM RESOURCE DIRECTORY
- SAN DIEGO FILM AWARDS VOTING RIGHTS FOR SELECT AWARDS
- DISCOUNTS AT LOCAL RETAILERS, LOCAL CLASSES, WORKSHOPS AND MORE
- EARLY ACCESS TO PREMIUM EVENTS